If you manage surface parking, we’ve curated a few articles we’re reading that might be helpful for you! Two big takeaways: 1) mobile payment adoption is increasing and 2) more parking tickets are being issued than ever. See below and enjoy:
- NYC Parking Tickets: In 2016, NYC brought in a whopping $545M in parking fines, up $32M since 2012
- From the T2/Digital blog (2016): Do multi-space pay stations give you an edge for surface parking?
- From Smarking’s blog: The rise of mobile payments in Boulder and their impact on pay stations.
- More on NYC parking tickets: Now there’s an app that helps New Yorkers fight parking tickets
- Parking officers in the US’ 4th densest city are encouraged to issue parking tickets every 20 minutes
- (Parking nerds only!) Victoria Policy Transport Institute (VPTI) released a detailed study of parking costs in the US
Do you have interesting news to share? Contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org